Identity Theft Awareness
Think you don’t need identity theft protection? Think again.
Identity theft is consistently the number one complaint to the Federal Trade Commission. Rampant data breaches, affecting millions of records, are putting consumers at great risk of identity theft. It can happen to anyone—regardless of your age and income, where you live, or how careful you are.
Restoring your identity on your own can be time-consuming and stressful. After a while, some people give up, leaving them contend with the aftermath of identity theft for years to come, including fraudulent bills, collections activity, damaged credit and even criminal records.
Mountain Credit Union is delighted to provide identity theft recovery services as part to all personal checking account holders at no cost. These services include:
- Fully Managed Identity Theft Recovery Services – If you suspect identity theft, or if your personal information becomes compromised, we will assign you to a professional, certified and licensed Recovery Advocate can complete the recovery work on your behalf, report progress along the way, and be there for you until your good name is restored – no matter how long it takes! This service extends to cover all named account holders. Click here for Terms and Conditions.
Open a checking account with Mountain Credit Union today! Click here for more information about these and other account benefits.
- Fully Managed Identity Theft Recovery Services – a professional, certified and licensed Recovery Advocate will work on your behalf to restore your identity to pre-event status, for any type of identity fraud you might experience, or even suspect. This service extends to covers anyone named on the account! Click here for Terms and Conditions.
Fully Managed Identity Theft Recovery
If you become a victim or suspect identity theft for any reason, simply let us know. You do not have to confirm identity fraud before seeking assistance. We will put you in touch with a professional Recovery Advocate who, depending on your identity fraud incident, will:
- Perform research to determine the extent of the problem, including a review of all three credit reports (if appropriate)
- Assist with the placement of fraud alerts with the three major credit bureaus
- Write letters and make phone calls on your behalf to dispute fraudulent information
- Coordinate with government agencies, financial institutions, creditors, etc. to resolve incidents
- Create and then maintain a case file to assist law enforcement in the prosecution of the perpetrators
- Follow up with you after recovery
Coverage for All Types of Identity Theft
This service covers all types of identity fraud, even if it is not related to your account with Mountain Credit Union! Types of identity fraud covered include: credit/debit card fraud, tax fraud, employment fraud, government documents and benefits fraud, medical fraud, and any other identity fraud recognized by the Federal Trade Commission. Please refer to Terms and Conditions for details.
Fully Managed Identity Theft Recovery automatically extends to cover up to three generations of your family (3G) including:
- Spouse or domestic partner
- Dependents under age 25 with the same permanent address
- IRS-qualified dependents
- Parents living with you or in elder care (nursing home, assisted living, or hospice)
All 3G Family members are covered for up to 12 months after death as well - an important benefit as identity thieves often target deceased individuals.
Lost Document Replacement
Additionally, if you have an important document that has been lost, stolen or destroyed as a result of an identity theft incident or information compromise, your Recovery Advocate who will work with you to replace your missing documents, including credit cards. Your Recovery Advocate will work with you to contact creditors, cancel the compromised information, and obtain replacement documents.
Go to main navigation