Mountain Credit Union’s Courtesy Pay service adds a measure of protection to your checking account, so you can avoid the hassle and expense of a declined transaction due to insufficient funds. This service pays checks, electronic payments and transfers (ACH items) that would not have cleared otherwise due to insufficient funds, up to an approved limit, for one low fee per covered overdraft transaction. That means, instead of returning a check because of insufficient funds, Mountain CU may pay your check.
Additionally, you may elect to extend Courtesy Pay coverage for point-of-sale and signature-based MasterCard Debit Card transactions. However Courtesy Pay does not cover ATM transactions. If you do not have sufficient funds in your account for ATM transactions, they will be declined.
Courtesy Pay is not a loan. It is a service provided by Mountain CU to help you manage your account. There is no fee to enroll in Courtesy Pay; however, when Courtesy Pay is used, there will be a fee of $25.00 per covered item. The full amount of the overdraft balance plus related fees will be due immediately but in no event later than 15 days from the date of the occurrence.
- The member must be in good standing
- Have a checking account that has been open for at least 6 months
MCU Money Manager
MCU Money Manager is your free online money management service that will help you:
- View all of your financial accounts in one place, even accounts from other financial institutions
- Create custom budgets and start saving
- Set up account alerts with email or text messages
- Manage your money & make smarter investments
- Track spending to see where your money goes
- Set financial goals
Our suite of financial tools is free with any account and is accessed through MCU Online.
Go to main navigation