What should I do if my wallet is lost or stolen?
If your wallet has been lost or stolen, take the following actions:
- Contact your Mountain Credit Union Member Service Representative
- Call the three major credit reporting agencies (Equifax: 1-800-525-6285, Experian: 1-888-397-3742 and Trans Union: 1-800-680-7289) and ask them to immediately place a Fraud Alert on your name and Social Security number. The alert means any company that checks your credit knows your information was stolen and they have to contact you by phone to authorize new credit.
- Notify the SSN national fraud hotline at 1-800-269-0271.
- Cancel your credit cards. Include the numbers for VISA and MasterCard customer service.
- File a police report the same day, if at all possible, in the jurisdiction where your wallet was stolen.
- Who do I contact if my debit/credit card is lost or stolen?
- What should I do if my checks were lost or stolen?
- What should I do if I think I've been a victim of identity theft?