I need to place a stop payment on a check. How can I do that?
Explain how this can be done (in-person, by phone, or online). Describe what type of information the person must provide (check number, the date the check was written, the amount of the check, and the name of the payee). Mention any fees associated with placing a stop payment on a check. Mention any situations in which a stop payment cannot be put on a check and whether the stop payment can be removed.
- Does the credit union put a hold on checks?
- What are the daily limits for a VISA check card?
- What are the charges for a checking account?
- Can I get overdraft protection?
- How much am I charged for using my check card to make a purchase?