Mountain Credit Union Serves the Western North Carolina Community
Click Here To See Our Membership Brochure
Who Can Open An Account At Mountain Credit Union?
- Anyone who lives, works, worships or attends school in Buncombe, Cherokee, Clay, Graham, Haywood, Henderson, Jackson, Macon, Madison and Swain Counties of North Carolina is eligible to open an account at Mountain Credit Union.
- All federal employees located in the 20 western counties of North Carolina (Avery, Buncombe, Burke, Cherokee, Caldwell, Clay, Cleveland, Graham, Haywood, Henderson, Jackson, McDowell, Macon, Madison, Mitchell, Polk, Rutherford, Swain, Transylvania, and Yancey). This includes field personnel who are paid from a headquarters office located in the above counties.
- Anyone who works or lives on the Cherokee Indian Reservation is eligible to open an account at Mountain Credit Union.
- Family members of any current or former account holder at Mountain Credit Union. Click Here To Print A Member Application - Return To Your Local MCU Office
Important Information About Procedures For Opening A New Account
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
What This Means For You
When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying documents.
Documents You Will Need In Order To Open An Account
- Driver's license with your current and correct address
- If your driver's license is from out of state, you would need to bring a utility bill or a rent or lease agreement to prove residency
- Social Security card
Mountain Credit Union Annual Report
Click here to review the Annual Report for Mountain Credit Union.